LESSONS FROM THE RICE POT

So here I am at the adult school kitchen, watching my rice cook in my newly bought locally fabricated pot code named " kokolet"..

My neighbor asks off handedly. " are you going to sit here till the rice cooks?"
I respond in the affirmative, and she says " me I cannot oo."

I will put it on fire and go to the room  and return later, she adds..

I simply smiled , looking at the bubbles accompanying the sound of rice boiling, I catch an instantaneous lesson surge from the depth of my spirit , which I proceeded to share with her.
It is an undeniable part of humankind to hate the kitchen heat but love the food that the heat produces.
cooking various delicacies reminds you about the need to be patient with yourself whilst your dreams and visions cook.

Rice and beans do not share the same cooking time!
The same applies to beef and fish, whilst cake and chin chin do not share the same production time.

Still starring at the rice bubbling on, I pinched on a grain to taste for softness and added extra water, turning to her, I said,  " we are often in a hurry and blame God when our self scheduled time to hit life's bull eye gets jettisoned ."

We need to learn from cooking  rice, make adjustments where necessary and stay in out cooking zone... 

It will come together, just like cooked rice, we will come through after our cook time, delicious and quenching consuming hungers!

Hey, do not give up! 
Do not give in to competing distractions, lest you end up like burnt rice...
keep pushing...  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHATTERING THE TABLE

WOULD YOU PASS YOUR INTEGRITY TEST?